Amerequip Executive Team
Mike VanderZanden – President CEO
Mike is the "pacemaker" of the organization; his broad background in all facets of the company allows him to have a unique perspective on how all the pieces work together. His commitment to build the company around strong teams is primary; his confidence supports a real "can do" mentality across the whole organization. He is driven to achieve excellence on behalf of his customers. This mindset is the underpinning of the company's tag line "Never Compromising our Customers’ Reputation."
He leads by example, and expects no more of his teams than he does of himself.
Gary Brochtrup – Vice President CFO
Gary's competence allows him to quickly establish trust and confidence. As a seasoned financial executive he understands the information needs of his audiences, whether they are the bankers, team meetings, or Board presentations. His integrity permeates all aspects of his work and communications. He is driving our IT function to lead the company well into its next decade. Gary understands that his role is to hold his fellow executives accountable, and challenges them to drive the company's performance to a high level of excellence.
Timothy A. Dorn – Vice President Sales and Engineering
Tim's split role demands that what he sells, he must also be able to profitably build. As an engineer, he brings solution based selling to the customer and goes to great lengths to make sure he and his team understands what the customer needs. His customers quickly learn to trust his judgment and his solutions. His experience has taught him that profits are driven by making it right the first time, and designing it to be manufacturable ensures long term bottom line results. He intuitively understands the "total cost" concept and seeks to deliver product quality and cycle times that exceed customers’ expectations.
Doug Thompson – Vice President Operations
Doug really knows what it takes to deliver product on time, at spec, and at the highest quality standards. His 24 years of experience in manufacturing have equipped him for this senior leadership role. His confidence and credibility allow him to communicate his expectations clearly, and to praise a job well done. Through consistent application of continuous improvement methods, he seeks to build Amerequip into a world class manufacturer. He relies on positive employee relations, team building, and a special emphasis on employee safety to get the job done. Doug makes customer visits an interactive experience; he strives to learn your expectations and priorities while working equally hard to make sure the customer learns our capabilities and processes.
Board of Directors
- A member of Amerquip's board for 17 years, Chairman since 2011.
- Currently a member of 4 corporate boards
- President/CEO/Owner Standish Industries, 1989 - 1997
- 23 Years at First Star Bank
- Senior VP, Head of HR, Public Relations, Investor Relations, Head of Investment Div., Head of Branch Banking
Mike VanderZanden – President & CEO
- Has served as CEO since 2010
- Work experience in all facets of Amerequip business over past 25 years
- Active on numerous civic boards and regional NGO's
- Degreed mechanical engineer UW Stout
Don Van Houweling – Member
- Currently CEO/Owner Van Wall Group (since 1977)
- Leading Midwest John Deere Dealer
- 4 states, 6 divisions, 21 stores, 470 employees
- 9-years in the John Deere Executive Development Program
Mike Farrell – Member
- Former Chairman/CEO Sentry Equipment Corporation (1989)
- Leading manufacturer of power and process plant sampling and conditioning systems and components.
- Products and systems sold in over 55 countries
- Former officer US Navy prior to joining Sentry Equipment Corporation
Tom Durkin – Member
- Senior Vice President AstenJohnson Inc. (1987)
- $300 million global company with 1800 associates in the markets of Paper Machine Clothing, Specialty and Monofilament
- Captain United States Army prior to joining AstenJohnson
- Graduate of United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- Graduate of Harvard Business School, Boston, MA